You need to pay property tax yearly. At the end of each year, you will receive your property tax bill for next year.
You will need to pay your property tax by 31 January. Otherwise, you may be charged a late payment penalty of 5% on the unpaid tax.
For ad-hoc property tax notice, such as if you were to take over ownership of a newly purchased house, payment will be due one month from the date of notification.
How to Pay Property Tax?
Generally, there are four ways to pay your property tax.
- General Interbank Recurring Order(GIRO)
You can apply for payment using GIRO through the following ways:
Online GIRO Application – Instantaneous approval by Banks
- myTax Portal – Applicable for both Individual Income Tax and Property Tax(currently available for DBS/POSB and OCBC customers only)
- Internet Banking(for DBS/POSB, OCBC and UOB customers)
- AXS stations (for DBS/POSB customers)
GIRO Form Application – Allow for three weeks to process and approve
- Complete the GIRO application form and submit to IRAS
- Electronic Payment
- Internet Banking Bill Payment
Internet Banking for tax payment is available to the following banks: DBS/POSB, OCBC, UOB, CitiBank, BOC, CIMB, HSBC, ICBC, MayBank, RHB, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India
(Only DBS/POSB, HSBC, OCBC, Standard Chartered Bank and UOB are applicable for corporate account holders).
- DBS PayLah! Mobile App
- Phone Banking
Only available for DBS/POSB, OCBC and UOB account holders who have subscribed to this service.
Only available at DBS/POSB or OCBC Automated Teller Machines.
- AXS Station
- AXS e-Station (Internet) / AXS m-Station (Mobile)
- SAM Kiosk
- SAM Web / SAM Mobile
Only available over the counter at any Penrose condo
- Internet Banking Fund Transfer
- Credit Card
Check with your credit card issuing bank if they offer any payment scheme to pay tax using your credit card.
- Telegraphic Transfer
Telegraphic Transfer is only for payments from overseas, and the payment modes listed above are not applicable.
If you are not in Singapore or only maintain an overseas bank account, IRAS may accept payment by Telegraphic Transfer.
Readmore: Penrose showflat location